3a retirement account
With a pillar 3a retirement account, you benefit from tax advantages and an outstanding long-term interest rate.
Your benefits at a glance
- A reliable partner offering one of the best interest rates in Switzerland
- Payments to the account are tax deductible
- No account maintenance fees
- The possibility of indirect amortisation of your mortgage
The key conditions at a glance
- Current interest rate: 0,20% p. a.
- Maximum deposit for 2021 for pillar 3a:
CHF 6 883 for employed persons with a pension fund
20% of net income, up to CHF 34 416 for employed persons without a pension fund
It’s really easy to find the perfect retirement fund for you: just visit cic.ch/vorsorgesparen (in german). The key questions when choosing a fund concern your risk appetite, your wishes and objectives, and your planned investment horizon. We’ll show you how you can profit from 3a retirement funds, as well as how to calculate your additional returns with them.
- At present, Swiss nationals who are of legal age and resident in Switzerland are eligible to open an account online.
- Your identity will be verified during the online account-opening process on the basis of a valid Swiss identity document (passport or identity card). It is easiest if you use your mobile device for this.
- Once your first account has been successfully activated, you will be able to open other 3a retirement accounts and 3a retirement funds easily in CIC eLounge.
- If you do not meet the conditions for opening a 3a retirement account online, please use the account opening form.