3a retirement account
With a pillar 3a retirement account, you benefit from tax advantages and an outstanding long-term interest rate.
Your benefits at a glance
- A reliable partner offering one of the best
interest rates in Switzerland
- Payments to the account are tax deductible
- No account maintenance fees
- The possibility of indirect amortisation of your mortgage
- Free access to your account 24 hours a day via
The key conditions at a glance
- Current interest rate: 0,20% p. a.
- Maximum deposit for 2022 for pillar 3a:
CHF 6 883 for employed persons with a pension fund
20% of net income, up to CHF 34 416 for employed persons without a pension fund
It’s really easy to find the perfect retirement fund for you: just visit cic.ch/vorsorgesparen (in german). The key questions when choosing a fund concern your risk appetite, your wishes and objectives, and your planned investment horizon. We’ll show you how you can profit from 3a retirement funds, as well as how to calculate your additional returns with them.
Accounts can currently only be opened online by individuals who are adult, resident in Switzerland and have one of the following nationalities: Swiss, German, French or Italian*.
Your identity will be verified during the online account-opening process on the basis of a valid identity document (passport or identity card). It is easiest if you use your mobile device for this.
Once your first account has been successfully activated, you will be able to open other 3a retirement accounts and 3a retirement funds easily in CIC eLounge.
- If you do not meet the conditions for opening a 3a retirement account online, please use the account opening form.
* If you wish to open an account but are not a Swiss, German, French or Italian national, please visit our branch in Basel or another location in Switzerland in person with your passport to hand so that we can carry out the necessary checks to confirm your identity. You are also welcome to call our Private Clients team on 058 268 16 00 or request an advisory meeting.