3a retirement solutions for indirect amortisation of your mortgage
By amortising your mortgage indirectly, you can take advantage of tax benefits and excellent long-term interest rates on the 3a retirement account. For a longer-term investment horizon and better return opportunities, invest your pension savings in 3a retirement funds.
Our offering lets you choose between over 30 different retirement funds from six providers. We also offer retirement funds with an equity weighting of up to 100%, as well as retirement funds which invest in areas such as sustainability, real estate and commodities.
Your benefits at a glance
- Suitable for indirect amortising of your mortgage
- Payments into a pillar 3a retirement account are tax deductible
- Preferential tax rate when paid out
- Opportunity for a higher return when investing in a retirement fund
- Choose from more than 30 retirement funds offered by six different providers
- No account management fees and no brokerage fees when buying and selling retirement funds
Information on indirect amortisation of your mortgage via 3a retirement solutions at Bank CIC
- You pay the annual repayment amount directly into a 3a retirement account.
- Unlike with direct amortisation, the amount of the second mortgage does not change over the entire term, meaning that none of the amount borrowed is repaid.
- You can claim back the tax on both the constant mortgage interest and the payments made into the third pillar.
- You can use the 3a capital paid in to pay off your mortgage at a later date (for example when you retire or when your mortgage is due for repayment).
Choose from a range of 3a retirement funds – with transparency and favourable terms
Benefit from opportunities for higher returns and advantageous tax deductions on your investments by saving for retirement with securities. In doing so, you yourself decide what share of your 3a retirement account is to be invested in retirement funds and when.
We are the only Swiss bank that offers a choice of BVG funds from different partners with our open 3a retirement account. With Bank CIC, you therefore enjoy access to institutional (and thereby lower-cost) unit classes. We also offer retirement funds with an equity weighting of up to 100%, as well as retirement funds which invest in areas such as sustainability, real estate and commodities.
Overview of the key terms and conditions for the 3a retirement account
- Current interest rate: 0.20% p.a.
- No account maintenance fees
- Maximum tax-deductible deposit for 2021 for pillar 3a:
– for employed persons with a pension fund: CHF 6,883
– for employed persons without a pension fund: 20% of net income, up to CHF 34,416