cleverinvest is Bank CIC’s intelligent solution for continuously building up your assets, even with small amounts. Learn about the benefits of our flexible alternative to a conventional savings account.
Your advantages at a glance:
- Quick and easy to open online
- Invest in themes that fit with your personal interests
- An attractive alternative to a conventional savings account
- The themes and equity weighting selected can be adjusted at any time
- Access your assets whenever you like
- Withdraw some or all of your assets at any time
- Transparent information about how the assets are performing
- Low fees
cleverinvest is a focused and low-cost way of using shares to invest in trends and themes without having worry about events on the financial markets. Instead of selecting individual shares, you can focus on current and attractive themes. You yourself determine the percentage weighting they have in your portfolio.
cleverinvest is suitable for those with little investment experience but who still want to profit from opportunities for higher returns. At the same time, the offer is aimed at all private individuals keen to invest in line with their personal interests.
Making more from your money could not be easier
Retain complete flexibility with cleverinvest
You do not need to be wealthy to start building up your assets: cleverinvest is available with a starting balance of as little as CHF 1,000. You then set the amount you would like to pay in. Once the cumulative deposits reach CHF 50, your capital is invested again automatically. That way, you can continuously build up your assets in a way that suits your budget.
If you need some or all of your savings at short notice, making transfers at any time is no problem – there are no rules on withdrawals.
Monthly deposit of CHF 1,000 in cleverinvest
This sample calculation shows the difference in performance between investing CHF 1,000 per month in cleverinvest (funds) with an average return of 5% p.a. and investing it in a conventional savings account with an interest rate of 0.1% over the same period. The green bar shows the growth in assets from regularly investing in cleverinvest.
It could not be easier to tailor cleverinvest to your needs:
1. Select equity weighting*
2. Select investment themes
3. Pay in and enjoy the benefits
* You will be asked a few questions about your profile to help you select the equity weighting. The recommended equity weighting is calculated on the basis of the answers you give. However, you then also have the option to set your desired equity weighting yourself. Weightings of 20%, 45%, 70% and 95% are available. In addition, there is a 5% liquidity weighting. The rest is invested in Swiss bonds. Within the equity weighting, you select themes that best match your interests. Based on the selection made, the amount invested is automatically placed in an appropriate ETF or index fund.
Select the themes that interest you the most. Examples include disruptive technologies, smart cities, future mobility, real estate, sustainability and many more besides. Bank CIC’s investment experts look for themes which illustrate trends in societal, market and macroeconomic developments and offer the prospect of high growth potential and return opportunities in the medium and long term. They then select the best funds that fully capture the relevant theme and offer the best value for money. Themes can be viewed in detail here.
But that’s not all: You can arrange to invest automatically with a standing order in order to continuously build up your assets. Follow-up payments from as little as CHF 50 can also be made without a problem. This means that there is nothing else you need to do. You will also benefit from lower average prices. This is because making payments at regular intervals over a longer period – irrespective of the market situation – removes the hassle of trying to find the ideal time to invest, i.e. to find the most favourable price.
Once you have built up capital, you can withdraw it using a payout plan. This lets you determine how much is paid out, and how frequently. You can choose who receives these payments. This is suitable, for example, as a way of providing monthly financial support for to children while they are studying, doing an apprenticeship or spending an extended period abroad.
Start out on the road to success in just ten minutes:
Open your cleverinvest now at Bank CIC. This allows you to invest in themes of your choosing. You will receive rapid, straightforward support in setting the investment strategy and a recommendation as to which equity weighting suits you. Thanks to CIC eLounge, changing the equity weighting and the themes selected is very simple and can be done around the clock and you can track the performance of your assets at any time.
1. Enter your personal details
3. Scan your ID and compare it with a live photo
4. Create investor profile and choose strategy
5. Confirm your documents
6. Make your first deposit and you are all set
- A cleverinvest portfolio can currently be opened online by individuals who are adult, resident in Switzerland and have Swiss nationality or one of the nationalities on our list.*
- Your identity will be verified during the online opening process on the basis of a valid Swiss identity document (passport or identity card). It is easiest if you use your mobile device for this.
- To finish opening, you need to pay at least CHF 1.00 into it from a Swiss account in your name.
- Once your first cleverinvest portfolio has been successfully activated, you will be able to open other cleverinvest accounts (including in foreign currencies) and portfolios easily in CIC eLounge and use different services as required.
* If you would like to open a client relationship but your nationality is not on our list, please present yourself in person with your passport at one of our branches in Switzerland so that we can perform the necessary identification checks. You are also welcome to call our Private Clients team on 058 268 16 00 or request an advisory meeting.
Open CIC eLounge on a mobile phone, tablet or desktop
- Go to “Services”
- Click on “Product opening” and select “cleverinvest”
- Create investor profile
- Set equity weighting
- Select areas of interest
- Make a deposit
If you have any questions about opening cleverinvest online, write to us or call us on 058 268 16 00 (Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.).